Never cut and paste mat products again! With LizardSkin Ceramic Insulation, Sound Control and TopCoat, there are NO GAPS, NO SEAMS, NO SCISSORS AND NO SWEAT! LizardSkin's easy-to-apply, spray-on application is environmentally safe and can be cleaned with soap and water. It can also be sanded and painted to your desired body color.
Traditional mat products are known for being more labor-intensive and costly than spray-on insulation. A typical mat product installation can take 35+ hours, whereas spray-on insulation requires only 8 hours. With LizardSkin, there is no need to measure and cut insulation precisely to size, and there is no risk of cutting your hands and bleeding.
For a list of all spray-on automotive insulation benefits compared to mat products, see our chart below. All LizardSkin products can be purchased via our online store.
LizardSkin vs. Mat Product Chart
Seamless LizardSkin Coatings
- Thickness: .040" – .060"
- Covers body, frame and ribs
- Can be applied anywhere
- Applies directly
- Fast application: 8 hours
- Water resistant
- Seals and protects car surface
- Biodegradable, non-toxic
- Cleans with soap and water
- Low cost of installation
- No odors during installation
- No cutting required
- No risk of cuts on your hands
Old-fashioned Mat Insulation
- Thickness: up to 1” thick
- Many seams that separate over time
- Covers body sections only
- Can not be applied inside door panels
- Requires adhesives
- Labor intensive, difficult; 35+ hour installation
- Absorbs and retains water
- Can accelerate corrosion
- Adhesives contain toxic chemicals
- Solvent usually required
- Product installation can be pricey
- Chemicals in mat adhesives create fumes
- Mat must be cut precisely to size
- Hands may bleed from cutting and re-cutting product